One of the most precious times of your life is undoubtedly the birth of your children. Those first few weeks seem to fly by and before you know it, your itty-bitty, sleeping newborn has become a smiling, giggling baby who is rapidly becoming more and more alert each passing day. Every stage in your baby’s life is memorable and should be beautifully documented, but as a mom myself, I believe documenting your newborn within the first few weeks of life is especially important.
Don’t let these moments pass you by. Schedule your session today!
Crystelle Marie Photography is here to help you plan a beautiful and relaxing newborn session that will reflect your style and create images that will flow with your home decor. After your session, we will also help you select just the right products for YOU during your in-person ordering appointment.
I take a minimalist approach to newborn sessions. I do baby-led posing where there is minimal posing – allowing baby to fall into a natural pose – as well as poses on the beanbag. While I have an ever-growing collection of props – buckets, bowls, beds, headbands, hats, bonnets, ect – I like to keep the focus on the pureness of your new baby. I use creams and light neutral colors throughout your session with splashes of color thrown in here and there. I knit, crochet and hand craft many of my own props so all you need to bring is baby to the session. If you do have a special or sentimental item you’d like included in your session please let me know and I will do my best to work it in. When bringing your own props, please keep them minimal and nothing too large or oversized that will overwhelm your baby.
- Schedule your session during your 2nd trimester for the week following your due date.
- Session is held during baby’s first 10-14 days. After this time, newborns not only tend to be less sleepy, curly, and more awake, but baby acne can set in. Call, email or text on your way to the hospital or right after you’ve delivered.
- After 14 days, we are less likely to achieve those sleepy, squishy poses and baby will be more awake and alert during the session. Older newborns are usually kept wrapped the duration of the session, which is still beautiful, but creates a different look and feel in your gallery.
- Boys: Schedule his circumcision for AFTER the newborn session! This is extremely important if you want naked poses on the beanbag. Otherwise, the diaper will remain on throughout the session and he’ll be mostly wrapped to help keep him as comfortable as possible.
- We take only 4 newborn sessions a month to ensure each client receives personalized attention throughout the session process. It’s never too early in your pregnancy to get on our books. By paying your session retainer, you’ll be guaranteed a session no matter how early or late your little one arrives.
Use the Contact Us tab for more information and for our current pricing menu.